Friday, April 11, 2014

Sketching for Environments - Schematic View


So this week in class, we went over how to prepare a plan view of an environment. This skill is increasing in popularity due to the prevalence of 3D sets in productions.

I went digital with my first schematic, starting from this drawing I did in class during the demo.


It was challenging to keep everything from bending around, but this was a good foundation to go into photoshop with.

This is the studio of Animatic Media, a place I know very well after working there for three months. As much as I enjoy working in 3D software, I don't get to do any drawing or storyboarding, which is a bummer.

Next I got to finishing up a schematic of Crocodile Creek I roughed out in class. I wanted to try something with color, just to convey how I would want this place to feel. This was a color wash in photoshop, nothing special. Didn't have time to do a full painting. I also felt that the light would help infer how much cave cover there was in this place. It's becoming less and less of a creek the more I work on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment