Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sketching For Environment - Drawing Downtown



Time for another post regarding my class. This week we had the pleasure of drawing downtown with concept artist Brian Yam! You can check out his work here


The main focus this week for me personally was construction of my image and where to place level of detail. Having a more densely detailed area helps with directing the viewers eye. It was nice to get some perspective on perspective as well, ha. It's actually the least powerful depth cue we have, being trumped by things like size and especially overlap. Objects in relation to each other are much more "real" than any perspective grid can tell you. That's not to say perspective isn't important for believability. I will be posting my hw assignment as well as the drawings later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment