Monday, March 31, 2014

Sketching for Environment - Organics

Hey, just wanted to post a few sketches from this week. A bit more value action now, and some organics. I believe the class is teaching me a lot about how to approach an environment,

Ed mentioned that I should generalize the shape of the palm on the left more.

This was castle green from the mini field trip prior. These palms are much more generalized, and I'm happy with the tonal distribution.

These are a couple more that I feel like taught me a few things.
 Here's a study of our school, sorry for the distortion when taking the picture. I was happy with this thumbnail, something about the framing appeals to me.

Another value study, trying to focus on conveying the curved surface of this building.

At long last, here's an Indian canyon studie that I introduced some charcoal and wash to.




No comments:

Post a Comment